Let’s continue with my Jane Eyre project! I am now making the bodice for Jane’s dress.
I cut all the details from the woolen fabric for the main bodice and the cotton batiste for the lining. Then I sewed them together.
Then I sewed sleeves leaving an opening for the hook and loop fastening.
Then I sewed lining to the sleeves.
The next step was to set the sleeves into the armholes. I gathered the sleeves (both the main fabric and the lining) to create the necessary volume.
And carefully sewed them to the bodice.
Next, I tried the parts of the bodice on Jane and pinned the edges (mostly, they coincided with the lines from the pattern).
And pinned the lining to the main bodice.
Trying it all on Jane again before sewing the bodice and lining together.
To be continued…