I have finished a 1940s dress for A Girl for All Time Clementine. It is made from a pattern by Keepers Dolly Duds. I must say it was a tricky dress. It took me 3 attempts to do the top of the dress (the piping was very tricky!) and then 2 months to find enough courage to finish the pleats on the skirt. It was the first time I did such pleats and I found it hard (there, I’ve said it!), so I left the skirt for 2 months, kept looking at it but could find enough courage to continue. Until about a week ago when I just said to myself that I really really had to finish the dress. And I did. And I am very pleased with the result and how beautiful it looks on Clem!
The dress closes at the back with a row of buttons.